It’s been three weeks since I started this whole life-changing adventure. In short, I feel fantastic. If you’re not up to speed on what’s going on here, check out my original post on my Countdown to Forty – Transformation Tale.
Transformation Tale Week 3 Update – Body
- Since July 2, 2017, I have hit 10,000+ steps per day all but three days. You know about the first day I missed from my last update. I need to do better but this is head and shoulders above what I’ve been doing.
- Part of my goal includes exercise beyond the 10,000 steps. I’m surpassing my goal of 4-5 days of fat-burning exercise per week with an average of 6 days per week.
- One area I really need to improve on is factoring in 4-5 days of yoga per week. I’m currently managing 1-2 days – definitely room to improve!
- I am solid on this last “body” goal. I easily consume 8 glasses of water per day.
Transformation Tale Week 3 Update – Work & Creating
- Other than one day (Autumn’s softball tournament required an insanely early morning), I am completing “morning pages” every day.
- I always read at least 30 minutes per day though more often than not, I read more. I find that walking and reading is not only great exercise but affords me the ability to cruise through more books.
- Obviously, you can check me on this one. While I don’t write all of them, I edit and/or collaborate on 3 posts per week on each blog (see for yourself at Karmic Chaos and Books By Violet).
- Perhaps the area I am failing most miserably in is working on a WIP (work in progress) every day. Fortunately, I’m receiving a lot of assignments this month, unfortunately it means my own projects take the back burner.
- Push social media channels to promote blogs. I’m working on this, I have a lot of room to push further but my followings are growing steadily (over 2700 Twitterites follow me @BooksByViolet!).
- Taking courses and webinars to advance business goals is a pretty vague goal, but I am trying to do at least one per week. Some help, some don’t, but I figure if I can take a nugget of wisdom from each then it’s worth it.
I definitely feel better and my writing projects for work are smoother than in the past. New ideas crop up every day and while I am still struggling for some semblance of balance I recognize that life is a bit chaotic right now. Giving myself a bit of a pass as I make these life adjustments.
Wondering how I am tracking all of this? Why, I use an Excel Spreadsheet with the gridlines printed out.