Random acts of kindness offer a glimmer of hope and happiness in a time where the news is anything but positive. Why not spread a little sunshine to a complete stranger and do a little something to make the world a better place?
How can I spread kindness?
- Try something as simple as hanging back a little longer to hold a door for a stranger.
- If you can afford it, why not pay for the order of the person behind you in line at Starbucks.
- Offer to help somebody with groceries, loading a car, or something similar.
- Leave a kind note on a neighbor’s door or a random car.
- Compliment somebody who’s looking particular down and out.
There are millions of ways to do something kind for another person, just because you feel like passing on a little joy.
Today, on National Random Acts of Kindness Day, why not take a few minutes to do something kind for another person and, for bonus points, encourage that person to pay it forward. If you’re seeking inspiration for today, check out this amazing flick starring Kevin Spacey, Helen Hunt, and Haley Joel Osment.
If one day just isn’t enough, check out the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation for year-round inspiration.